Want to host a basecamp drop-in learning event?
What is the kuleana of a Basecamp Host? Here are the guidelines: Drop-in Basecamp Host and setting up Basecamp.
- First and foremost - Mahalo!! for hosting a GSDTFK Basecamp. This project cannot succeed without the generosity and support of our hosts. We are about getting stuff done TODAY, meaning we appreciate you, the Host.
- You'll need to arrange for use of a facility in which to hold the basecamp.
- The facility must be available for use from 8:45 AM to 12:15PM.
- You will need to provide four good size rooms to accommodate approximately 35 x 3 people and 15 x 1, with seating and tables.
- An open space for networking and general conversation is also necessary.
- The facility should have enough restrooms for the size of the group.
- Your facility will also need enough parking spaces for those who will be driving to your basecamp location. If there are alternate parking sites, drop-in learners will need to know in advance.
- Coffee and a simple/healthy snack (granola bar, cookies) will be appreciated. We hope to be a no-waste project, meaning we will promote the use of sustainable flasks, coffee thermoses and paper cups.
- Please post signage with the GSDTFK logo to direct participants.
- Post your wifi information and password in each room.
- Please insure that your custodial staff are alerted to the details of your basecamp.
- We ask that each Basecamp host help network their date to their surrounding public, private and charter community, by text, email, Twitter, Facebook and word-of-mouth.